JOIN OUR TEAM
Cell Manufacturing Associate I
The purpose of this position is to work as an integral part of the laboratory manufacturing team. The responsibilities of
this position constitute the manufacture of adult mesenchymal stem cell products for banking and for therapeutic use.
- Perform hands-on aseptic cell culture.
- Perform specialized manufacturing steps for cell culture, such as cell isolation, thawing, cryopreservation, sub-culturing, and harvesting following approved standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Follow management approved instructions when a sop is called into question per individual circumstance.
- Demonstrate proficiency with manufacturing procedures and responsibilities
- At all times maintain cGMP guidelines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in good documentation practices by documenting and writing clearly and legibly.
- Maintain accurate and timely manufacturing records, paper and electronic notebooks and records.
- Document and maintain LUMACs on assigned equipment.
- At all times, effectively use and maintain proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the laboratory clean room, equipment, and storage tank areas through routine
cleaning and sanitization, as well as through proactive behavior.
- Examine and evaluate data related to problems and propose corrective solutions.
- Attend and participate in group and project meetings.
- Recommend changes to any process or task to increase efficiency, increase cell yields, and decrease costs.
- Participate in other duties, as assigned.
- Exhibit responsibility and ownership for your actions
- Contribute to the laboratory culture and team environment at all times
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s in biology or other relevant life science.
- Exemplary, focused and unbiased attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to work around bio-hazardous materials (ex., human adipose tissue) and chemicals (ex.,
disinfectant and sporicidal agents).
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to push liquid nitrogen tanks.
- Must be able to work in a cleanroom environment with full personal protective equipment.
- Must be willing to work on pre-assigned weekends and holidays.
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Manufacturing
Celltex Therapeutics Corporation is a U.S. Equal Opportunity Employer.