What is MS?
MS (Multiple Sclerosis) is an autoimmune disease, the result of an abnormality in the body’s protective immune system. MS damages the insulating tissue, called myelin, that covers nerve cells in the brain or spinal cord.
Damage to the myelin blocks the nerves from carrying electrical impulses through the brain or body, disrupting body processes – which may include brain function, muscle control, vision, and bladder function – and causing the symptoms of MS.
It is unknown why people develop MS, but research suggests that it may be caused by a previous infection or harmful environmental exposure. Additionally, the condition may sometimes be inherited genetically.
Types of MS include:
- Relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS)
- Primary progressive MS (PPMS)
- Secondary progressive MS (SPMS)
- Progressive-relapsing MS (PRMS)
How can Celltex stem cell therapy help?
Celltex Therapeutics is committed to helping people with MS achieve symptom relief and regain a measure of control over their lives. In a clinical study, Celltex asked patients with RRMS, SPMS, and PPMS to report on the effectiveness of their stem cell therapy:
- 79% reported that 1 or more symptoms had improved
- 21% noticed symptom improvement immediately following their Celltex therapy
- 50% stated that between the time of treatment and the time of the survey (in some patients, up to 3 years), at least 1 symptom had been completely relieved and had not returned