Celltex is a leader in providing services for the rapidly expanding field of regenerative medicine. Specifically, Celltex precisely separates, multiplies and stores adult adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells for autologous use by physicians. This means that an individual’s fat (adipose) is the source of their adult stem cells, which are used only for that individual and never for any other person.
Below is an overview of the process to bank your adult stem cells:
- Discuss the banking of stem cells with your physician.
- Ask your physician to call Celltex with any questions, and then contact us for materials so that you may enroll.
- Once enrolled, a blood test is conducted for banking eligibility (you must be tested for Hepatitis B & C, HIV and Syphilis among other prerequisite testing)
- If qualified, a Celltex banking coordinator will call you to work with you or your physician to schedule an appointment for a physician to review your eligibility for extraction. If the physician decides you are a candidate, he/she will extract five to 10 grams of fat tissue from the abdomen or surrounding areas. This simple, virtually pain-free, out-patient procedure should take no more than one hour.
- Once the fat extraction is completed, the cells will be sent to our laboratory where they are processed and banked.
Contact us to enroll in a banking program.